Robust Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) Technology
iWay DataMigrator is a powerful and comprehensive set of fully automated tools designed to dramatically simplify data integration, including the creation, maintenance, and expansion of data warehouses, data marts, and operational data stores. With its intuitive, easy-to-use interface, DataMigrator enables fast, flexible, end-to-end ETL process creation involving heterogeneous data structures across disparate computing platforms. DataMigrator allows users to efficiently:
- Aggregate, join, merge, and apply selection criteria to information from any combination of back-office systems
- Simplify data movement from back-office systems to e-business platforms, using automatically generated and managed FTP scripts or most native transport protocols
- Transform data from raw forms into structures that are more suited to your application
- Simplify loading of data into a target database through the automatic invocation of bulk loaders or row-at-a-time inserts
- Execute, schedule, review, manage, audit, and create dependencies among ETL requests
DataMigrator is part of iWay's comprehensive platform for building, managing, and optimizing a data architecture that supports multiple latency and access requirements of various IT initiatives - including business intelligence (BI), real-time reporting and analysis, and business activity monitoring (BAM).
Unparalleled Data Access and Migration
DataMigrator provides greater reach and range than any other ETL offering on the market today. It employs iWay Software's award-winning adapters to provide seamless access to and migration of virtually any enterprise data. DataMigrator can also use ODBC, JDBC, XML, and IBM WebSphere MQ connectivity for additional database access. Because the DataMigrator integration engine provides complete data structure transparency, all sources accessed by the servers on your network appear as a set of relational tables – so cross-platform, multiple-database extractions and joins are just a mouse-click away. DataMigrator can create tables in any major relational database, create fixed or delimited flat files, and XML documents as described by an XML schema definition.
Exceptional Ease of Use
A comprehensive workbench with point-and-click interface dramatically simplifies and accelerates the creation and execution of ETL jobs.
- Metadata Editor. All our products share metadata, and the Metadata Editor is where you can create synonyms for data sources, add transformations to be shared by other users, and create views of joined tables.
- Data Profiler. Understanding data is a key to building ETL jobs, and the data profiling capability built into DataMigrator helps to do that. Data Profiler reports for individual columns or entire tables show the number of rows, unique rows, patterns, and nulls. Drill-down reports show the unique values and patterns for alphanumeric columns and outliers for numeric columns.
- Data Flow Designer. The intuitive flow-control interface allows for visual creation of joins, rapid table and column searches, and dynamic error notification. Real-time request testing can be easily and quickly conducted with just a click of the mouse. Users can also add external routines, including legacy COBOL or C-based programs, to the ETL function list, and load multiple tables on a single pass of an extract.
- Process Flow Designer. The ability to graphically develop elaborate process flows makes it easy to design complex jobs, such as building large data warehouses with intricate load requirements. The execution of ETL requests can be fully controlled, and can either be based on a schedule defined by the administrator or can be dependent on the success or failure of previously executed requests. Jobs composed in the Data Flow Designer, or with your own custom programs or scripts, can be launched at any point – or multiple points – in the process flow.
- Web Console. Remote review and administration provides efficient management of ETL jobs in a secure environment. Administrators and users can easily review job statistics and drill down into job logs, review the job queue, start and stop servers and server processes, schedule jobs and configure e-mail nodes, manage adapters and metadata, administrate application directories, and create and edit scripts and user exits.
- Changed Data Capture for Active Data Warehouses. DataMigrator is now integrated with available changed data capture (CDC) capabilities. With CDC, changed records (inserts, updates, or deletions) are detected by reading database logs for the major relational databases including Oracle, DB2, and MS SQL Server 2008. Since only changes need to be copied, this can dramatically reduce job processing time and CPU cycles, as well as improve the timeliness of information in a data warehouse. Changed records can be pulled as frequently as every minute, so you can enable near real-time or active data warehouses. All CDC configuration is done in the Metadata Editor so that building a data flow for changes is just as easy as for the initial load.